Future Proof Museums is a national project being developed by the AMA (Arts Marketing Association) funded by Arts Council England’s Museums Resilience grant. The programme is designed to significantly improve the resilience of museums across England.
This intensive programme has three stages tailored to the needs of museums wishing to grow, innovate and become adaptable to change:
Stage One: a diagnostic session with one of our specialist trainers exploring the future direction of the museum
Stage Two: a three day intensive residential programme for museum directors that will explore the museum’s purpose and difference it makes to the world; exploring the story of the museum and mapping its direction of travel; visualising their own business model, its strengths and weaknesses; exploring how to design, innovate and change the model to become more resilient; analyse their leadership style and organisational culture; how to manage change successfully and how to overcome resistance within their organisation
Stage Three: on-going mentoring and facilitation support from our expert trainers, which could take the form of facilitated sessions in the museum; senior management team leadership development; face-to-face or online mentoring
The AMA will work with 20 museums to enable them to generate:
* A compelling vision or manifesto shared across their museum outlining how they make a difference to the world
* A process for energising stakeholders towards this agreed purpose or cause, providing confidence and excitement across the museum about their agreed future direction
* A single page drawing of their business model and how it captures and delivers value in line with their purpose
* An understanding of how to innovate around this model, develop it, and make it more robust for the future
* A clear toolkit for reviewing how changes across any area might affect the business model to help them navigate and benefit from change
* Insight into the leadership culture within their organisation and a process for reviewing this to ensure that adaptive leadership skills are in place throughout the museum, while still driving towards their vision or cause
Resulting in more resilient organisations able to change, adapt, influence and remain relevant to an ever-changing external environment.
If you are interested in taking part please download the application form from the website:
The single-page form should be completed by the person wishing to attend the Stage Two residential.
The deadline for all applications is 5pm is Monday 6 July.
Should you have any queries please contact Verity Sanderson, Programme Producer, on email@example.com or 01223 578078.
You can also download key documents here:
Application Form: Future Proof Museums_application form
Programme Outline: Future Proof Museums programme outline