AIM and the Arts Marketing Association (AMA) are offering one AIM member a £450 grant towards attending the AMA Marketing Retreat Level 2 on 2-5 March 2015, and a year’s free membership of the AMA at the same time. The AMA is the leading organisation supporting cultural organisations with all aspects of marketing. They run training and mentoring programmes, publish a journal and manage Culture Hive.
The Retreats from the Arts Marketing Association (AMA) focus on providing the leadership, management, and strategic skills required to develop holistic thinking within arts organisations – across the business plan, artistic policy, marketing / audience development / public engagement strategies and digital strategies – to help you be the best you can be.
In a three-day intensive training course at an award-winning venue in Cambridge you will connect with trainers and peers from across the arts and cultural sector to further your skills as a marketer and leader.
The AMA strongly believes that in order for the arts and cultural sector to thrive in today’s challenging and fast-moving environment, it needs to develop leaders and senior managers who are equipped with an understanding of how to bring art and audiences together.
Taking place at the award-winning Moeller Centre in Cambridge this spring, Retreat 2 is an intensive professional development programme specifically designed for arts marketers (and those in equivalent roles) working at managerial level.
The aim of the programme is to provide participants with a safe learning environment in which to develop and enhance advanced strategic planning skills across areas such as public engagement, audience development, marketing planning and digital strategy in line with artistic and business plans.
It is intensive, fast paced and at times challenging but we will be there to support you, as will your like-minded peers. Post Retreat you will feel inspired, invigorated and much better equipped to progress along your career path.
Delegates will gain:
- The opportunity to work with arts marketing experts, leading marketing thinkers, and peers from across the sector to explore the changing role of an arts marketing department within today’s digitally focused and interconnected world.
- Increased confidence in your ability to analyse and select effective strategic direction for your department and for your marketing plan.
- Tried and tested techniques for leading and motivating diverse teams.
- Insight from a range of leading experts in how to develop your role as a senior manager within your current position, influencing at this level more effectively, and building skills required to take on bigger leadership roles in the future
Retreat 2 is aimed at managers, or equivalent within your organisation, with line managing experience who are responsible for all or a significant part of their organisation’s marketing / marketing budget.
‘It was great to meet so many people from all over the country and in such varied organisations and I really feel it has given me a boost and motivated me in my role.’ After Retreat 2, 2012
Programme highlights include:
- Eight modules of formal learning delivered by guest speakers and trainers
- Discussion and debates with speakers and peers from a broad range of organisations and art forms
- Experiential learning in working groups designed to help you put into practice some of the planning tools, strategic techniques, and leadership skills that will be covered during the programme
- Reflection sets offering time to review your strategic options and future directions with support from your peers
- Networking opportunities during breaks and at dinner or over a drink in the Møller Centre’s Tower Bar
‘The AMA retreat was incredibly well organised, efficient throughout. The venue was just right and we were all extremely well fed! A fantastic set of speakers, thoroughly inspiring.’
In order to support a museums marketing professional in their professional development and the development of their organisation the Association of Independent Museums (AIM) will provide one £450 bursary.
You can apply for this bursary if you meet the following criteria:
- You are a current member of AIM
- You are at the appropriate level for Retreat 2 – marketing manager or equivalent
- You are willing to provide a 400-word piece about what they learnt at Retreat 2 for the AIM Bulletin and/or blog.
Retreat 2 – 2nd to 5th March 2015 / Moeller Centre, Cambridge
‘It’s rare that you attend some training that really affects how you think and feel about what you do. Without doubt a unique getaway for the marketing mind.’