[Update: Delegate booking and sponsorship sales open for the Collections Trust’s Going Digital Conference. More info here www.collectionstrust.org.uk/going-digital-conference. and for tickets going-digital-conference/delegate-booking )
Part of the Collections Trust’s Going Digital Programme, this major one-day conference is specifically designed for those responsible for developing, managing and sharing museum collections with the public. It will help you build organisational resilience in your museums by improving the basic use of computers and the Internet.
The Going Digital Conference will be presented in partnership with Tyne and Wear Archives and Museums at The Great North Museum, Newcastle upon Tyne on Monday 17 November 2014. The event is supported by Arts Council England.
The conference programme is currently under development, and it will clearly identify the practical skills needed to “go digital”. Case Studies will show just how much can be achieved on a limited budget!
Register your interest as a delegate right now. Full details of the programme, speakers, and online booking arrangements will be sent you as they become available.
- How to undertake a basic IT Audit
- Understanding basic digitisation and copyright issues
- Getting your collections online
- Using Social Media effectively
- Making the most of databases
- Developing an IT culture in your museum
- How to approach managing digital assets
- Identifying potential funders for your digital projects
Key benefits of attending
- Practical advice and support to help you go digital
- Significant CPD benefits
- Opportunities to ask questions and join in the discussion
- Meet leading software providers for hands-on demonstrations
- Network with colleagues and speakers
- …plus you’ll receive a personal copy of the How-to guide “Auditing IT in your Museum”
|In partnership with||In association with|