The Collections Trust would like to invite AIM members to join us for a free webinar on ‘Buying Collections Management Software’ led by Nico Tyack, Documentation Officer at Edinburgh City Council.
The webinar will take place online between 12.00-13.00 GMT next Thursday 27th March 2014. It is completely free to attend, but you are asked to register in advance to ensure we have record of numbers – registration only takes a moment and can be done by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subjects covered during the webinar include:
- The role played by a CMS in the management of a museum collection, and reasons for changing it
- The CMS procurement process, including identification of system requirements
- The range of software systems available
- The relevance of SPECTRUM Compliance to the procurement of CMS systems
- Tips on where to start with the procurement process
Full information about the webinar is available on Collection Trust’s website at http://www.collectionslink.org.uk/buying-collections-management-software.
This webinar is part of a programme of work coordinated by the Collections Trust which aims to help museums choose the right Collections Management software for their needs. It is a companion to the popular Collections Management Software Survey which is completely free to use and available at http://www.collectionslink.org.uk/softwaresurvey.