The BBC will be broadcasting Museums at Night 2014 and the organisers, Culture24, are asking museums to send in details of events which meet the broadcasting criteria, urgently.
They are particularly keen to hear, straight away, about events that:
- Have a performance, artistic or creative element.
- Are visually interesting for a TV audience.
- Will enable access to things that are not normally available to the public.
- Involve the local community and invite contributions / participation in new and exciting ways.
- Offers examples of how museums and galleries are responding to current issues the sector faces such as challenging revenue models, reduced funding, drive to attract new audiences etc.
They are also looking for museum curators who would be great in front of the camera.
If your museum meets these criteria, visit the Museum at Night Blog to find out how to get in touch with them about your event.
AIM would love to see some independent museums get involved with this and show the whole country our passion, entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude. We hope that the BBC choose some little gems of museums as well as the big treasure chests. If you’re an AIM member, please let us know if you’re selected for a broadcast.
Finally congratulations to all at Culture24 for making this happen. It is a wonderful opportunity to raise the profile of museums up and down the country.